Weekly-ish Confessions of a S'more Mama
Weekly-ish...bi-weekly...Whatever, I'm confessing. Maybe not as regularly as I'd planned, but surely not for a lack of confessions, I am almost always embarrassingly full of those...
- This evening (which is actually what prompted me to write this) I learned what it's like to want to murder your husband. Not in a crazy, I will kill you in your sleep way...no in a, I love you dearly but YOU MUST DIE RIGHT NOW way. He got home from work as I'm putting Clara to bed and he starts banging around the kitchen and then the bathroom (which shares a wall w/ her crib - shows how much we were thinking about homicide and a baby sleeping when putting it up) like he wanted to let our friends 20 miles away know he was home...She was *finally* asleep when he stumbled his way into the shower making enough noise to wake her up through the wall. This man that I married, made and have begun to raise a child with - I actually wanted to hurt him. I had to go put Clara back to sleep not only because she needed it, but to keep me from hitting him. (I love you honey, and she's asleep now...good thing there weren't any weapons around 15 minutes ago though.)
- Clara ate an entire lunch of cinnamon graham crackers yesterday.
- I haven't worn a bra since Friday. I got majorly (and stupidly - it was entirely my fault, I forgot I was an SPF 50 in anything but winter weather kinda gal) sun burnt on Saturday and my back and shoulders have been blistering and just terrible ever since, so I have been in big t-shirts or strapless dresses/shirts since even the wind blowing on my back brings tears to my eyes...while the sun burn is miserable, I was glad that I actually had an excuse to not wear a bra. I wonder what excuse I can come up w/ for next week.
- I love my daughter for a lot of reasons, but one of the (top??) ones is getting me out of events I don't want to go to...Sorry, it's her bedtime. Ummm, the event is at three in the afternoon. What can I say, girl needs her beauty rest?! ;)
- I bought this big, granny, ugly ass night gown from Wal-Mart when I was pregnant to wear in the hospital after Clara was born. It was cheap, it provided enough leverage for the boobs to come out to nurse, I knew not to wear pants so that the nurses could check my lady parts (what was left of them), and I wanted something ugly enough that if it was ruined (because giving birth and post-partum is such a neat and clean experience, ahem) I wouldn't feel bad throwing it away. Well...it didn't get ruined and I still wear it regularly. I'm talking at least twice a week. It's so soft and baggy and comfortable and perfect for the summer weather. Between this confession and confession #1 I am not sure there will be any more baby S'mores on the way...;)
Comments
Post a Comment