A Day in the Life of Mama S'more - June 19, 2012
A few months back, my August moms group did a "day in the life of ___" theme for all of the mom bloggers out there to try. I enjoyed reading about their days and seeing how ours were the same and differed. But that post was written nearly five months ago and Clara has changed significantly and so has our routine! I decided to do this again mostly because I know all of my loyal fans are fascinated by the minute details of our day (ha) but also because I enjoy looking back and seeing how much Clara has grown and changed. It helps me appreciate the day to day. I chose today as the day to follow for two reasons - Ian has been working 12 hour shifts so he hasn't been seeing Clara at all M-F (read: mommy gets no break) and also because we have been having a lot more play dates in the past few months but did not today. I love our play dates and they have become a regular part of our week, but sometimes it does alter Clara's routine so I thought it'd be better to choose a day without one. Enjoy! (Or snooze...)
6:45 a.m. - Clara and Mommy wake up for the day. Clara slept through the night except for one wake-up around 10pm which required rocking back to "drowsy" and a few tears (Clara's, ha).
7 a.m. - Clara gets a big bottle while Mommy watches The Bachelorette on the DVR from the night before. We like to start our day off right. ;)
7:15 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. - Clara has some independent play (sensory board, FB table, pushing her Ikea cart) while Mommy gets Phoebe breakfast. Then some play with Mommy (peekaboo, tickle monster - she LOVES being chased, and basically just staring at each other like...what now?!)
8:30 a.m. - Clara and Mommy eat breakfast. We both eat raisin bread with cream cheese and some strawberries. Phoebe gets half of Clara's. They are starting to become friends; I wonder why? ;)
9:05 a.m. - Clara and Mommy both get dressed for the day. Note that did not include a shower for Mom...*someone* screams bloody murder once her mom disappears behind that shower curtain, no matter what toys or contraption she has. She also wakes up when I shower during her nap, and screams if I bring her into the shower with me...she loves the bath, so I'm starting to wonder if she takes personal offense to my naked body. Highly likely, considering...
9:15 -9:45 a.m. - Mommy wears Clara in the ergo and starts a few loads of laundry - a regular clothes load, Clara's cloth diapers, and I take the sheets off of our bed to wash. I also do a few dishes from breakfast and pick up a few toys/random items around the house.
9:55 a.m. - 11:20 a.m. - Clara naps. She goes down really well (hey gurrrrl heeeeyyy!) and sleeps for longer than normal (typically it's an hour on dot.) I think it's because I turned up her white noise machine to full blast to counter the landscapers drilling for oil on the sidewalk outside our house. I have no idea if this is what they were doing but it is what it looked and sounded like, so I'm going with it. During her nap I transfer some of the laundry, catch up on email, and book a hotel for HOMER for Clara, my BFF and I while Ian fishes one night with his dad during our upcoming trip to AK. I also sit down and have a snack/lunch while continuing with The Bachelorette. Thank goodness Emily sent Ryan home. (I don't seem to eat regularly during the day anymore - this would be good, except I pack it all in at night. Which is exactly what you're supposed to do if you want to lose weight...it's working REALLY well for me.)
11:25 a.m. - Get Clara up, take Phoebe out to the bathroom again, while Clara says "Uh Ah Ga OH adoggg" to Phoebe (Which I take to mean "GO POTTY, PHOEBE! " I am using my best translation skills. My daughter is a genius.) I decide to change Clara downstairs on the floor, away from our typical spot w/ all the wipes...Bad idea. Apparently she was poopy, and I was stuck holding her legs w/ poop all over her bum and no wipes nearby. A few months ago this would not have been a problem but now changing Clara's diaper is like wrestling a monkey and by the end of it I am sweating profusely (we already talked about this...I am a sweater. Like perspiration, not the article of clothing.) I snapped her diaper back up, went and got the wipes, chased Clara down again, pulled my sunglasses out of her mouth and went to town.
11:45 a.m. - Left the house. Went to JoAnn's Fabrics. I had a coupon that was about to expire and needed to buy some supplies for some decorations/crafts I am making for Clara's birthday party. Yes, it's two months away. If you're judging me for that, you either 1) don't know me very well and/or 2) should not be reading this blog. I also wanted to buy some fabric for a kitchen mat re-make that I saw on pinterest. Clara ate a lunch of organic pears and spinach baby food (two pouches) while we shopped.. She also ate some graham crackers, and threw a couple onto the ground. Phoebe was not in the store to clean this up, damn. Then we headed to Target because I needed (really, needed) a few things. I stopped at the Starbucks in the Target on my way out to buy a Mocha Light Frappucino. Clara screamed for it the second she saw it. I gave her a green straw to play with. She threw it on the ground and lunged for my coffee. We quickly got into the HOT truck so I could drink my Frap. ;) We stopped at CVS on the way home to pick up some other things on our list, and then got the mail.
2:00 p.m. - We get home, Clara is offered some formula in a sippy cup. She takes a few sips. Has another pouch of baby food and some puffs.
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Clara naps while Mommy works on the birthday crafts (these will be shown in an EPIC birthday bash post...don't fret!) and the kitchen mat. I transfer some more laundry.
3:30 p.m. - 3:50 p.m. - Daddy gets home! We love it when he gets home early after *only* an 8 hour shift. He watches Clara while Mommy finishes up her crafts since it involves scissors and glue guns and Clara looks all to excited to put those in her mouth.
3:55 p.m. - Clara has a snack of banana and a couple more puffs. Mommy sits with her and continues working on the kitchen mat while Daddy watches some TV in the other room.
4:00 p.m. - Clara's new shoes and big girl car seat (upcoming post about this big decision!) have arrived and she enjoys playing with the big car seat box and eating her shoes. I fold laundry.
4:30 p.m. - Daddy watches Clara while Mommy cooks dinner. Clara is kind of whiny and cranky, and crawls back and forth between Mommy in the kitchen and Daddy in the living room.
5:00 p.m. - We all eat dinner - Italian Baked Chicken and Fettuccine with diced tomatoes.
5:35 - 5:55 p.m. - Daddy takes a cat nap while Mommy gets Clara cleaned up. We go upstairs to stuff/prep her now clean diapers...Clara plays in her room and enjoys rolling around in her clean diapers (what can I say, I am raising a weird child.)
6:00 - After kisses goodbye, Mommy leaves for the gym. My zumba class is from 6:30-7:30. Daddy and Clara play on the floor, then he takes her up for a bath around 6:15 p.m. After lotion, pajamas and a book she gets a big bottle around 6:40 p.m. She is asleep by 7 p.m. She goes down really easy for him; most of the time she does go down easier for Daddy and Mommy. No, I am not bitter. Yes, I am lying. During zumba I realize that my Adidas gym capris are starting to get holes rubbed in them in my inner thighs...probably from all the friction as my chunky thighs rub together and start a fire. A reminder as to why I am at the gym. After my class I take a shower at the gym - the only time I can get an uninterrupted shower. Apparently a closed curtain is not a sign of a shower stall being occupied because right before I turn the shower on an older woman starts to join me. I yelp and jump. She apologizes, and I am annoyed but frankly the sight of my naked body, especially after jumping (there's a ripple effect;)) is probably punishment enough. I decide not to ask her why she might consider the possibility of someone being *behind* the closed curtain.
8:15 p.m. - I get home, and clean up the kitchen and dishes from dinner. Then I finish up my kitchen mat, I think it's actually going to turn out.
8:40 p.m. - I sit down with Ian to watch some TV, talk and relax. I snack on some weight watchers chocolate covered pretzels and a popsicle.
9:15 p.m. - Ian goes to bed and I sit down to write this blog.
Doesn't Mama S'more live such a fascinating life?! I know, it can be mundane...but I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!
6:45 a.m. - Clara and Mommy wake up for the day. Clara slept through the night except for one wake-up around 10pm which required rocking back to "drowsy" and a few tears (Clara's, ha).
7 a.m. - Clara gets a big bottle while Mommy watches The Bachelorette on the DVR from the night before. We like to start our day off right. ;)
7:15 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. - Clara has some independent play (sensory board, FB table, pushing her Ikea cart) while Mommy gets Phoebe breakfast. Then some play with Mommy (peekaboo, tickle monster - she LOVES being chased, and basically just staring at each other like...what now?!)
8:30 a.m. - Clara and Mommy eat breakfast. We both eat raisin bread with cream cheese and some strawberries. Phoebe gets half of Clara's. They are starting to become friends; I wonder why? ;)
9:05 a.m. - Clara and Mommy both get dressed for the day. Note that did not include a shower for Mom...*someone* screams bloody murder once her mom disappears behind that shower curtain, no matter what toys or contraption she has. She also wakes up when I shower during her nap, and screams if I bring her into the shower with me...she loves the bath, so I'm starting to wonder if she takes personal offense to my naked body. Highly likely, considering...
9:15 -9:45 a.m. - Mommy wears Clara in the ergo and starts a few loads of laundry - a regular clothes load, Clara's cloth diapers, and I take the sheets off of our bed to wash. I also do a few dishes from breakfast and pick up a few toys/random items around the house.
9:55 a.m. - 11:20 a.m. - Clara naps. She goes down really well (hey gurrrrl heeeeyyy!) and sleeps for longer than normal (typically it's an hour on dot.) I think it's because I turned up her white noise machine to full blast to counter the landscapers drilling for oil on the sidewalk outside our house. I have no idea if this is what they were doing but it is what it looked and sounded like, so I'm going with it. During her nap I transfer some of the laundry, catch up on email, and book a hotel for HOMER for Clara, my BFF and I while Ian fishes one night with his dad during our upcoming trip to AK. I also sit down and have a snack/lunch while continuing with The Bachelorette. Thank goodness Emily sent Ryan home. (I don't seem to eat regularly during the day anymore - this would be good, except I pack it all in at night. Which is exactly what you're supposed to do if you want to lose weight...it's working REALLY well for me.)
11:25 a.m. - Get Clara up, take Phoebe out to the bathroom again, while Clara says "Uh Ah Ga OH adoggg" to Phoebe (Which I take to mean "GO POTTY, PHOEBE! " I am using my best translation skills. My daughter is a genius.) I decide to change Clara downstairs on the floor, away from our typical spot w/ all the wipes...Bad idea. Apparently she was poopy, and I was stuck holding her legs w/ poop all over her bum and no wipes nearby. A few months ago this would not have been a problem but now changing Clara's diaper is like wrestling a monkey and by the end of it I am sweating profusely (we already talked about this...I am a sweater. Like perspiration, not the article of clothing.) I snapped her diaper back up, went and got the wipes, chased Clara down again, pulled my sunglasses out of her mouth and went to town.
11:45 a.m. - Left the house. Went to JoAnn's Fabrics. I had a coupon that was about to expire and needed to buy some supplies for some decorations/crafts I am making for Clara's birthday party. Yes, it's two months away. If you're judging me for that, you either 1) don't know me very well and/or 2) should not be reading this blog. I also wanted to buy some fabric for a kitchen mat re-make that I saw on pinterest. Clara ate a lunch of organic pears and spinach baby food (two pouches) while we shopped.. She also ate some graham crackers, and threw a couple onto the ground. Phoebe was not in the store to clean this up, damn. Then we headed to Target because I needed (really, needed) a few things. I stopped at the Starbucks in the Target on my way out to buy a Mocha Light Frappucino. Clara screamed for it the second she saw it. I gave her a green straw to play with. She threw it on the ground and lunged for my coffee. We quickly got into the HOT truck so I could drink my Frap. ;) We stopped at CVS on the way home to pick up some other things on our list, and then got the mail.
2:00 p.m. - We get home, Clara is offered some formula in a sippy cup. She takes a few sips. Has another pouch of baby food and some puffs.
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Clara naps while Mommy works on the birthday crafts (these will be shown in an EPIC birthday bash post...don't fret!) and the kitchen mat. I transfer some more laundry.
3:30 p.m. - 3:50 p.m. - Daddy gets home! We love it when he gets home early after *only* an 8 hour shift. He watches Clara while Mommy finishes up her crafts since it involves scissors and glue guns and Clara looks all to excited to put those in her mouth.
3:55 p.m. - Clara has a snack of banana and a couple more puffs. Mommy sits with her and continues working on the kitchen mat while Daddy watches some TV in the other room.
4:00 p.m. - Clara's new shoes and big girl car seat (upcoming post about this big decision!) have arrived and she enjoys playing with the big car seat box and eating her shoes. I fold laundry.
4:30 p.m. - Daddy watches Clara while Mommy cooks dinner. Clara is kind of whiny and cranky, and crawls back and forth between Mommy in the kitchen and Daddy in the living room.
5:00 p.m. - We all eat dinner - Italian Baked Chicken and Fettuccine with diced tomatoes.
5:35 - 5:55 p.m. - Daddy takes a cat nap while Mommy gets Clara cleaned up. We go upstairs to stuff/prep her now clean diapers...Clara plays in her room and enjoys rolling around in her clean diapers (what can I say, I am raising a weird child.)
6:00 - After kisses goodbye, Mommy leaves for the gym. My zumba class is from 6:30-7:30. Daddy and Clara play on the floor, then he takes her up for a bath around 6:15 p.m. After lotion, pajamas and a book she gets a big bottle around 6:40 p.m. She is asleep by 7 p.m. She goes down really easy for him; most of the time she does go down easier for Daddy and Mommy. No, I am not bitter. Yes, I am lying. During zumba I realize that my Adidas gym capris are starting to get holes rubbed in them in my inner thighs...probably from all the friction as my chunky thighs rub together and start a fire. A reminder as to why I am at the gym. After my class I take a shower at the gym - the only time I can get an uninterrupted shower. Apparently a closed curtain is not a sign of a shower stall being occupied because right before I turn the shower on an older woman starts to join me. I yelp and jump. She apologizes, and I am annoyed but frankly the sight of my naked body, especially after jumping (there's a ripple effect;)) is probably punishment enough. I decide not to ask her why she might consider the possibility of someone being *behind* the closed curtain.
8:15 p.m. - I get home, and clean up the kitchen and dishes from dinner. Then I finish up my kitchen mat, I think it's actually going to turn out.
8:40 p.m. - I sit down with Ian to watch some TV, talk and relax. I snack on some weight watchers chocolate covered pretzels and a popsicle.
9:15 p.m. - Ian goes to bed and I sit down to write this blog.
Doesn't Mama S'more live such a fascinating life?! I know, it can be mundane...but I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!
Comments
Post a Comment