Cloth Diaper Convert
Mostly just because Clara looks so gosh darn cute in them. ;) Hehe. Naw, they really are great! I'm doing about three extra loads of laundry a week and that really isn't anything, especially because the worst part of laundry is the folding and it's not necessary with cloth diapers! Clara likes them, her rash has cleared up, they are easy and cost effective. If she wasn't still young and didn't have approximately two years left in diapers I'm not sure I would have bit the bullet and gone for it, but between her and our possible future kiddos we will be saving a lot of money. This is the stash I've built so far between the diapers I kept from Jillian's Drawers and the few I've purchased on sale in the last few weeks:
I've found it helpful to hear about other mom's favorite diapers and why. My favorite type of diapers are pockets because they are simple and easy not only for me, but also to explain to dad and grandparents/caregivers. They are similar to AIO's in that they are low maintenance, and you can stuff them as little or as much as needed. I like AIO's also, they are even easier (no stuffing) but they take a long time to dry and can be a little more expensive than pockets. My stash consists of:
3 Kawaii pocket diapers - Inexpensive, easy, good for at home
1 Happy Heiny's pocket diaper - I just started using this one but like it so far
1 Thirsties pocket diaper - I like it but not as much as the other pocket diapers...it seems more bulky
2 BumGenuis 4.0 pocket diapers - I like a lot but on the bulkier side but no leaking problems
1 BumGenuis pocket diaper - I like it, the only thing I'd change is I'd get snaps (longer lasting) instead of aplix but this is one I received in my trial
1 Tots Bots Easy Fit AIO - By far my favorite diaper but also the most expensive at about $24/ea. This came with my trial, if I found one one sale I'd buy another.
1 Minkies AIO - Ordered from babyhalfoff.com not knowing what to expect. I really like it, it just takes an extremely long time to dry.
1 FuzziBunz pocket Diaper - Very trim, one of my favorites
1 BumGenuis Freetime AIO - Takes a long time to try and is bulkier, but I like it also.
1 Thirsties AIO - This just came in, haven't tried it yet
1 Flip Hybrid Diaper - One I received from the trial, hybrids aren't my favorite but for while at home it is nice and very easy.
I've also found some great stores and blogs and videos that have helped me in this process:
Jillian's Drawers - The store that I did the 21-day trial through, and plan to purchase more diapers from.
Kissed By The Moon - A store that is almost always offering great coupon codes and deals.
Cloth Diapering 101 Video Series - I've only watched the first five of seven videos but they were a great introduction to cloth diapering. The link is to the first video.
Detergent Chart - For what detergent is best for CD.
Life With My Littles - A mommy blog that features reviews and giveaways.


Comments
Post a Comment