JCPenney, here I come!
I am a 25 year old woman. I am a Christian. I am a stay at home mom. I am married to a 27 year old man. He is the breadwinner of our family. I come from a family of four children. My mom stayed at home with us and my father went to work every day. I go to church regularly. I participate in Bible studies. I read Bible stories to my daughter. My family prays together. Perhaps by the standards of the group One Million Moms I would fit the bill of being a part of a "traditional" family. Except for the fact that I love Ellen DeGeneres and could give a flying tortoise that she is gay.
One Million Moms has started a campaign for families to boycott shopping at JCPenney because the department store recently hired Ellen as a spokesperson. Really? Really?! Apparently Ellen doesn't quite fit the standard of traditional American values, according to this group. Well, I'd like to share why a "traditional" American mom believes she does...
Because I am able to be a stay-at-home mom, I get to watch The Ellen Show almost every day. A lot of days I am cooking dinner at four o'clock so I hit record on my DVR and catch up after my daughter goes to bed. I have watched Ellen give money to needy families, cars to single parents, a vacation to a family who deserved it, stand up against bullying in our schools, and help support elementary schools that are raising our country's future - just to name a few off the top of my head. One Million Moms seems to believe that she shouldn't be representing JCPenney because they do not want her as a role model for their children. Well, I'll tell you what kind of person I want as a role model to my children. Someone who is kind, fun-loving, generous and warm. Someone who treats others with respect and stands up for those who are not able to stand up for themselves. Someone who helps those less fortunate than they. Someone who is able to laugh at themselves. If my daughter grows up to be these things, I will be nothing short of proud. Please tell me how Ellen does not fit that role.
To One Million Moms - I'm not really sure why who Ellen lies next to in bed at night matters when it comes to advertising crew socks and skinny jeans? I hope one day JCPenney will be able to thank you for their increased business. They certainly have mine.
One Million Moms has started a campaign for families to boycott shopping at JCPenney because the department store recently hired Ellen as a spokesperson. Really? Really?! Apparently Ellen doesn't quite fit the standard of traditional American values, according to this group. Well, I'd like to share why a "traditional" American mom believes she does...
Because I am able to be a stay-at-home mom, I get to watch The Ellen Show almost every day. A lot of days I am cooking dinner at four o'clock so I hit record on my DVR and catch up after my daughter goes to bed. I have watched Ellen give money to needy families, cars to single parents, a vacation to a family who deserved it, stand up against bullying in our schools, and help support elementary schools that are raising our country's future - just to name a few off the top of my head. One Million Moms seems to believe that she shouldn't be representing JCPenney because they do not want her as a role model for their children. Well, I'll tell you what kind of person I want as a role model to my children. Someone who is kind, fun-loving, generous and warm. Someone who treats others with respect and stands up for those who are not able to stand up for themselves. Someone who helps those less fortunate than they. Someone who is able to laugh at themselves. If my daughter grows up to be these things, I will be nothing short of proud. Please tell me how Ellen does not fit that role.
To One Million Moms - I'm not really sure why who Ellen lies next to in bed at night matters when it comes to advertising crew socks and skinny jeans? I hope one day JCPenney will be able to thank you for their increased business. They certainly have mine.
Comments
Post a Comment