Happy Valentine's Day from Clara!
Since most of the recipients of this project (Clara's grandparents and Godparents) have probably received this by now, it's probably safe to post this. Seeing as I am addicted to pinterest, her Valentine's day project came from the site. The inspiration is pictured here. Ours did not turn out *quite* as nice looking. Or nice looking at all. But I'm sticking with "it's the thought that counts", especially when it comes to infant craft projects.
So obviously this is not going to be a crafting blog but we had fun nonetheless. And hopefully Clara's grandparents and godparents think her little feet are the cutest things EVER. ;)
Here is Clara with her red feet, waiting patiently to make her cards:
And our attempts at a heart shape made from her footprints. I made more than we actually needed so we had some to choose from. Sadly, even our best choices were nowhere near close to our inspiration...but anyone who knows me wouldn't expect much different. ;) I especially love that blob on the purple piece of paper on the left.
The final product:
"From the tips of my toes to the depths of my heart, I love you!"
So obviously this is not going to be a crafting blog but we had fun nonetheless. And hopefully Clara's grandparents and godparents think her little feet are the cutest things EVER. ;)
Another reason for today's post is that Clara is SIX months old today!!! I can hardly believe it. She has grown so fast and I'm trying to enjoy every moment while still being so excited to watch her grow into a little girl. I am a little more emotional than normal today because I have been hearing about quite a few losses lately. In particular, another August 2011 mom lost her dear, sweet boy Easton to SIDS yesterday morning. He was only two weeks younger than Clara. I choke up every time I think about it and thank God for every moment he's given us with our girl. She got even more squeezes and kisses today, if that's possible - she gets quite a few already! I can't wrap my mind around SIDS and I don't even like to type it because the thought makes me sick to my stomach...I am praying for peace for Easton's parents and trying to send a little extra Valentine's Day love their way.




Comments
Post a Comment