Weekly Confessions of a S'more Mama
Have you ever done something, whether it be as a mom, employee, spouse, etc. and thought "Wow, I'm glad there weren't any video cameras around me to catch that on film." but then went on to think "I'm 99% sure I am not the first and won't be the last person to do that." That pretty much sums up this post, which I've decided to do weekly...because I know I'll continue to do things that are confession-worthy.
- One of the days this past week consisted of no real food in the house, a baby who was fighting nap, and no play-dates or any outings to help keep mama sane...It was kind of a rough day so we went to Safeway, where I did some grocery shopping but mostly to pick out lunch for myself. Afterwards, I loaded up the car with baby and groceries, and sat in the driver's seat eating my lunch for 10 minutes with the AC and radio on and Clara content in her car seat. Just for some time for myself. And the only thing that made me leave when I did was realizing that the Popsicles I bought were going to melt if I didn't get home soon.
- Wednesday I realized that besides her bottles, Clara had eaten the same thing for every single meal that day - avocado and puffs. Oops.
- 99% of the time I go to the gym it's based purely off of my own determination and motivation...to get an uninterrupted shower afterwards.
- I am so used to peeing with the door open now that I have almost forgotten to shut it in public and in other peoples' homes...frequently.
- I have had Clara's birthday party planned in my head for months, and may or may not have told my brother and his fiance that it was going to be "the event of the year." 1) She is not even nine months old yet and 2) They are getting married the month after her birthday. Ummm, sorry guys.
- Clara has been fighting nap all week and suddenly refuses to sleep in her crib...Part of me is annoyed and confused and the other part of me is thrilled that I'm "forced" to nap with her in my bed so she'll sleep.
- I'm on book two of the Fifty Shades of Grey series. Enough said.
What are your "real mom" confessions? Come on, 'fess up! I know you have them! ;)
Comments
Post a Comment