My Review of Bee All Natural's Baby Powder

My first review! I was so excited when Bee All Natural, an organic family skin care company, selected me to review their all natural baby powder.



I became a facebook fan of Bee All Natural when I was entering a giveaway for cloth diapers, but I stayed a fan because I was very interested in their products. As most of you know, I've basically crossed over from somewhat of a granola to a full-blown hippie since having Clara, and have put more of an effort into trying to use all natural products on her skin. I am not incredibly strict about it, we still have Johnson & Johnson's baby lotion (gifts from baby showers) on our shelves, but if I have an affordable option to buy something else I certainly do. That's what I like about Bee All Natural's products; all of their products contain natural ingredients (that I can actually read and pronounce!) and are 100% USDA certified organic. They are handmade by a Michigan Mom, which is great because I love supporting moms in their business endeavors especially when it comes to offering great products for our children. Their baby powder is talc free and the main ingredients are organic arrowroot powder and highly absorbent kaolin clay.

Once Bee All Natural selected me for the review, I received the baby powder in the mail very quickly. Honestly, since switching to cloth diapers we have not really had much of a need for baby powder. The cloth diapers are so good at wicking away moisture from Clara's skin, we don't really need much else to help with that. But at the time the baby powder came in, she was battling a mild rash. She is still in disposables overnight as she is a belly sleeper and heavy wetter and I have not found a cloth solution yet (ideas and advice welcome!!) and she had pooped in her sleep the night before, which she very, very rarely does. I use mostly coconut oil as her diaper cream since it is inexpensive, good for her skin, and cloth diaper safe. I love that Bee All Natural's baby powder is also cloth diaper safe, since the list of products out there that aren't safe seems to be a lot longer than the list that is safe.

I used the baby powder on her that morning. What surprised me (but probably shouldn't of) was how different it looked than regular baby powder. It was not pure white like cornstarch, so do not be alarmed if you put it on your baby's skin and it looks like the color of sand or little specks of black are in it. One thing I did learn was that a little bit goes a long way. I put the amount I would have put had it been regular baby powder and she was left with some residue on her skin until the next change that I ended up wiping off. I learned my lesson and did significantly less the next time and didn't have the problem of "leftover" powder. Her rash cleared up quickly! It's hard to say if it was the baby powder alone since I continued use of the coconut oil, but it certainly didn't hurt. I didn't use it much on her during the day after her rash cleared up within a day or two, but I have been using it at night in her disposables since she seems to have more of a need then. I believe it helps keep her dry and comfortable at night.

Overall, I was very pleased with the product. If you use cloth diapers full time, I am not sure how much baby powder is necessary but every baby is different. Clara doesn't have much of a need for it during the day, but I'm glad to have it at night for her in disposables. If you are using disposables full time and have an issue with your baby's skin staying wet in their diaper, I would highly recommend Bee All Natural's Baby Powder. I haven't tried it yet, but I am wondering if mixing it in with diaper cream would be a nice alternative too. When Clara had a terrible rash in disposables, I mixed regular baby powder and vaseline together and it helped...I imagine mixing Bee All Natural's Baby Powder and coconut oil (or California Baby or Earth Mama Angel Baby, my other diaper creams of choice) into a paste would work wonders.

The next product I am interested in trying of theirs is the organic intense hand and foot salve. My feet get so dry and I'd love to see how this works. Bee All Natural all sorts of products for mom and baby on their website, and they are also offering 30% of your total order over Mother's Day weekend if you enter the code "MOMMY12" during checkout. Also, if you'd like $10 off of a $30 purchase, use the coupon code "FACEBOOK". Their products are available for wholesale, retail, and private labeling as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a non-running wogger thinks when they attempt to run

What happened?

Is there life outside of old nursing bras?