Drumroll Please...
My first official blog post! I feel like this should be more exciting than it is. As it is, I am wearing sweat pants that my 5 month old peed on (a few hours ago, and yes, I have yet to take them off. This should tell you a lot about me already), listening to my hubby chuckle to his book in bed behind me, and contemplating whether or not I'll take a shower after this or (more likely) attempt some rare sleep.
For a quick intro to all my readers out there (Ha, ha...) My name is Erynne, I am a wife to my loving and kind of strange husband Ian, and a stay at home mommy to my beautiful and funny daughter Clara. We are originally from Alaska but are currently "displaced" (aka permanent residents in denial) in Maryland and have been so for over four years now. I hope writing this blog will provide some much needed "me" time and help me decompress my thoughts about being a new mommy and life in general. If some readers find me along the way, that'd be pretty fun too! I decided on S'mores Life as my blog title because our little family is nicknamed The S'mores as a combination of our family last name and my maiden name. Plus, who doesn't love a good S'more? Melted chocolate, gooey marshmallows, all contained by a sweet and crunchy cracker?! Yum! There's no other food groups besides those three, at least not that I'm aware of. Besides peanut butter. That is in fact it's own food group. But we could just dip the S'more INTO the peanut butter. And then maybe some sprinkles too...but then the blog name would be smoresdippedintopeanutbuttertoppedwithsprinkleslife.com and that would just be a little excessive, now wouldn't it? We could still enjoy the yummy treat though. That would not be excessive at all. ;)
Well, that should do it for my introduction for the night. It's 9:20 p.m. and getting to be past my bedtime. I'll be up a few hours cursing myself for spending the last five minutes writing about s'mores concoctions instead of getting some of that precious sleep.
Goodnight from Mama S'more!
For a quick intro to all my readers out there (Ha, ha...) My name is Erynne, I am a wife to my loving and kind of strange husband Ian, and a stay at home mommy to my beautiful and funny daughter Clara. We are originally from Alaska but are currently "displaced" (aka permanent residents in denial) in Maryland and have been so for over four years now. I hope writing this blog will provide some much needed "me" time and help me decompress my thoughts about being a new mommy and life in general. If some readers find me along the way, that'd be pretty fun too! I decided on S'mores Life as my blog title because our little family is nicknamed The S'mores as a combination of our family last name and my maiden name. Plus, who doesn't love a good S'more? Melted chocolate, gooey marshmallows, all contained by a sweet and crunchy cracker?! Yum! There's no other food groups besides those three, at least not that I'm aware of. Besides peanut butter. That is in fact it's own food group. But we could just dip the S'more INTO the peanut butter. And then maybe some sprinkles too...but then the blog name would be smoresdippedintopeanutbuttertoppedwithsprinkleslife.com and that would just be a little excessive, now wouldn't it? We could still enjoy the yummy treat though. That would not be excessive at all. ;)
Well, that should do it for my introduction for the night. It's 9:20 p.m. and getting to be past my bedtime. I'll be up a few hours cursing myself for spending the last five minutes writing about s'mores concoctions instead of getting some of that precious sleep.
Goodnight from Mama S'more!

Comments
Post a Comment