MOPS
MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) has come to my church! I am so excited. A friend of mine who is expecting her second baby boy, is starting it up for us. She had us over for the kick-off dinner last night and it was so fun (plus she's an amazing cook who is as addicted to Pinterest as I am) to eat and fellowship with other moms. I had never heard of MOPS before, but from what I know now I am very excited to be a part of it. It was started by a handful of mothers who went on play dates and prayed together. It has grown to an international program sponsored by churches all over the world. You can read more about it on the MOPS website that I linked...we will have educators, pastors, other moms, etc. come and speak to us and we'll also get together w/ the babies every once in awhile too! ;) I am looking forward to spending time with moms who have the same priorities as I do and getting out. I am so excited about it that I actually looked up to see if there was one in Anchorage, if and when we ever move back one day.I found that there might be one sponsored by the Anchorage Baptist Temple, but I can't find much information on it. Maybe by then I'll know enough that I can ask one of the UMCs in Anchorage to sponsor one when I move back...I know plenty of moms up there now!
Comments
Post a Comment