A Day in the Life of Mama S'more

In my last post I mentioned being involved in a message board of August 2011 moms. Recently (well, not so recently, I am a little behind, but I digress...) one of the moms challenged us to a "day in the life of...." post. I assure you this is RIVETING stuff people, you will not want to miss what Clara and I were doing at 1:17 p.m. and forget about 9:32 a.m. - THE EXCITEMENT NEVER CEASES AROUND HERE, PEOPLE!

7:06 a.m. Clara wakes up...we're actually feeling pretty good because she slept all night, only waking up once! :) She gets a diaper change and we head downstairs. Daddy has been gone for a couple hours already. I have a feeling Clara has been awake for a little while but hasn't made a peep. Thanks for the extra few minutes of sleep, love. ;)
7:15 a.m. Clara gets her bottle. When she's done, I eat some oatmeal (I will later have a post dedicated solely to oats and how my life is revolving around this food lately...moving on...) while watching Teen Mom 2 on the DVR and Clara plays on the floor w/ this incredibly annoying toy that she loves, so I can't help but love too. But omg the voice on that thing!

8:15 a.m. Clara eats a few bites of oatmeal but decides she's all done and is getting a little fussy. One of the reasons I think she must have been up in her crib before she made any noise; she doesn't normally want a nap this early.
8:30-9:00 a.m. Clara naps in her swing while I start a load of laundry, pack my gym bag, and check my email/facebook.
9:10 a.m. Another diaper change and then time for Clara to play in her exercauser while I do the dishes and make a couple bottles for the day. We hang out and cuddle for a few minutes after this.
9:55 a.m. Time for another bottle! Girl loves to eat.
10:20 a.m. We get in the car and head to the credit union to deposit a check.
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Clara plays at the gym daycare while I work out and shower (confession: one of the only reasons getting me to the gym most days is the uninterrupted hot shower I can take there afterwards...ahhhh, motherhood!). I was really hoping she'd nap for them, but she's been going through this phase of "stranger danger" pretty bad, especially when she's tired. I told them to try the swing for nap, not sure if they did...but when I came in they said she had *just* fallen asleep and had pretty much cried off and on the entire time. :( I know I need to work out, she needs to be around other people, etc. but still tugs at a mommy's heartstrings! And this is coming from a former daycare employee!
1:00 p.m. Clara slept on the way home but woke up once we got in the door. She ate a few ounces of her bottle and I tried to eat some of my lunch while feeding her.
1:45 - 3:15 p.m. Clara napped while I did some laundry, talked to Liane on the phone, and checked my email/facebook again. I tried to nap too but our dog barked and woke both of us up when we got a delivery...Clara's new jumperoo arrived! Our poor Phoebe-dog has not quite gotten the same amount of attention she did pre-baby...

3:30 p.m. Daddy gets home! We talk for a couple minutes and then Clara and Mommy cuddle and try to fall back asleep...No such luck.
4:15 p.m. Daddy gives Clara bottle while Mommy puts away the dishes and makes dinner. Spaghetti w/ meat sauce.
4:50 p.m. Daddy and I eat dinner while Clara plays on her playmat, which has been a God-send since she's been five weeks old! She loves it.
5:25-6:10 p.m. I feed Clara some oatmeal and she practices her sippy cup skills. She doesn't quite have the hang of it, but likes to use it as a teether. Then I wear her in the Ergo while I clean the dishes from dinner.

6:15-7:10 p.m. Daddy gives Clara a bath, reads her a book, and gives her a nighttime bottle while Mommy puts away some clean clothes and wrote the blog about our day! They love their "daddy daughter" time, even though it's occasionally interrupted by "Erynne, what do I do if she ___?" Hehe. He is a great dad, though!
7 p.m.-10 p.m. Hasn't happened yet but I anticipate a couple of "paci runs" for little Miss Clara, catching up on the DVR w/ Ian, and maybe finishing the book I am reading. I'm enjoying the first book of "The Outlander" series.

I know your world was rocked by reading about our day! SO exciting! :) But I wouldn't have it any other way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a non-running wogger thinks when they attempt to run

What happened?

Is there life outside of old nursing bras?