Clara's 1st Birthday - Crafts, Decor, Clothes, Etc.
Not only am I proud of the multitude of crafts I made (AKA two crafts, but whatever) for Clara's birthday, I had some amazing vendors and purchases that helped make her birthday party extra special. Maybe this will give you some ideas for your little one's next party. Recipes/food will be coming in an upcoming post. Also, we're insane and planned to do a huge 1st birthday bash, with mostly adults in attendance...Her second birthday party is going to be a frozen pizza and maybe some diluted juice for the three of us. WHOOP WHOOP.
Photography - We had Clara's 1st birthday pictures taken a couple weeks prior by Tracy Marshall Photography. If you are in Anne Arundel Country, contact her! She has taken our family pictures before and is not only incredibly talented but is also a dear friend. By looking at the pictures, you would have never known Clara was NOT in the mood to have her pictures taken, Tracy's three year old was not in the mood to have his mommy pay attention to someone else, oh and not to mention her ten week old chilling there as well! We framed a couple of our favorite shots at the party and had them on display at the party, which I think is a really nice thing to do to add a personal touch and you can see that below, as well as one of our favorites from the shoot.
Birthday Party Outfit - I ordered her birthday shirt from the Etsy seller MaddieBugs. This was honestly the only etsy transaction that I was slightly disappointed in, however it did make it on time to her party which is the bottom line. Her rainbow headband was purchased from Isabella's Boutique on Etsy, and was seriously the biggest hit! I found her tutu on extreme sale on Zulily months in advance. I have an ongoing love affair going on with Zulily.
Birthday Pictures Outfit - Free romper from Mommy's Little Sunshine who was holding a FREE one day special at the time. The romper you can see in the above picture taken by Tracy Marshall. I also bought this dress from Ourfox on etsy. I seriously love this little hippie dress and I rationalized spending the extra money because that's a dress she can wear for a long time...she's already worn it on at least two special occasions since then. It will fit her for a while because of the style of the dress. Here she is wearing it at a friend's backyard wedding in Alaska:
Birthday Hat Banner - There's no link to a tutorial for this, but it's pretty easy. I just bought assorted scrapbook paper, ribbon, and puff balls. After cutting the paper into triangles, I made various combinations of ribbon/puff balls so no two hats were alike. Then I put 14 of my favorite pictures of her from her first twelve months of life. I hot glued them all onto stretch ribbon.
Highchair Banner - Also fairly simple with no tutorial. I cut felt paper into triangles and hot glued onto the same stretch ribbon. Easy Peasy.
Rainbow Straws - Ordered from etsy vendor Glitter Daisy Shop on Etsy. Love them and compared to a lot of custom straws, these were pretty inexpensive but just as high quality! :)
Cake - Technically this belongs in the food and recipes post, but since I did order this from someone else and it was so incredible it deserves two posts... This is another vendor who is a dear friend of mine, Allison from A Wise Cake. She is moving to NoVa (insert sad face!!!) so if you're in that area, find her on facebook or email her at awisecake@gmail.com! The cake was a HUGE hit and beyond delicious.
Birthday Printables - This is seriously the route I'm going to go with all of our big parties from here on out. I paid one (relatively inexpensive) price and the vendor emailed me PDF files of all of the printables for the entire party, and most of the time you can choose if you want invites included. In the cake picture above you can see just a small portion of the printables. I then took the files to our local UPS store and they printed them on card stock for me. So easy!! I ordered this package from this vendor Vens Paperie on Etsy. A+!
Favors - Rainbows over pots o' gold! The printables were a part of the package listed above, and the candy was ordered from a discount candy store online.
Various other decor - All of the paper products were purchased from Party City in Annapolis. I've even gotten to reuse them a few times, rationalizing the obscene amount of money I spent there. ;) (No, I didn't reuse paper plates...like tablecloths and leftover solo cups and what not. I'm cheap, but give me SOME credit...)
Photography - We had Clara's 1st birthday pictures taken a couple weeks prior by Tracy Marshall Photography. If you are in Anne Arundel Country, contact her! She has taken our family pictures before and is not only incredibly talented but is also a dear friend. By looking at the pictures, you would have never known Clara was NOT in the mood to have her pictures taken, Tracy's three year old was not in the mood to have his mommy pay attention to someone else, oh and not to mention her ten week old chilling there as well! We framed a couple of our favorite shots at the party and had them on display at the party, which I think is a really nice thing to do to add a personal touch and you can see that below, as well as one of our favorites from the shoot.
Birthday Party Outfit - I ordered her birthday shirt from the Etsy seller MaddieBugs. This was honestly the only etsy transaction that I was slightly disappointed in, however it did make it on time to her party which is the bottom line. Her rainbow headband was purchased from Isabella's Boutique on Etsy, and was seriously the biggest hit! I found her tutu on extreme sale on Zulily months in advance. I have an ongoing love affair going on with Zulily.
Birthday Pictures Outfit - Free romper from Mommy's Little Sunshine who was holding a FREE one day special at the time. The romper you can see in the above picture taken by Tracy Marshall. I also bought this dress from Ourfox on etsy. I seriously love this little hippie dress and I rationalized spending the extra money because that's a dress she can wear for a long time...she's already worn it on at least two special occasions since then. It will fit her for a while because of the style of the dress. Here she is wearing it at a friend's backyard wedding in Alaska:
Birthday Hat Banner - There's no link to a tutorial for this, but it's pretty easy. I just bought assorted scrapbook paper, ribbon, and puff balls. After cutting the paper into triangles, I made various combinations of ribbon/puff balls so no two hats were alike. Then I put 14 of my favorite pictures of her from her first twelve months of life. I hot glued them all onto stretch ribbon.
Highchair Banner - Also fairly simple with no tutorial. I cut felt paper into triangles and hot glued onto the same stretch ribbon. Easy Peasy.
Cake - Technically this belongs in the food and recipes post, but since I did order this from someone else and it was so incredible it deserves two posts... This is another vendor who is a dear friend of mine, Allison from A Wise Cake. She is moving to NoVa (insert sad face!!!) so if you're in that area, find her on facebook or email her at awisecake@gmail.com! The cake was a HUGE hit and beyond delicious.
Favors - Rainbows over pots o' gold! The printables were a part of the package listed above, and the candy was ordered from a discount candy store online.
Various other decor - All of the paper products were purchased from Party City in Annapolis. I've even gotten to reuse them a few times, rationalizing the obscene amount of money I spent there. ;) (No, I didn't reuse paper plates...like tablecloths and leftover solo cups and what not. I'm cheap, but give me SOME credit...)
Note: I asked Ian to hang the balloons alongside the fence in the colors of the rainbow, and bookend them w/ white balloons for clouds. This was the result...when he asked me what order the colors went, I gave him a blank stare and then proceeded to tell him...He goes "I don't know, I'm not a girl!!!" (I didn't realize that only girls learned the colors of the rainbow?!?!?!)














Comments
Post a Comment