So we are Alaskan. And happy and tired and hormonal.
Ok so I took a brief hiatus from blogging. Or a not so brief one. But do you know what happens with you start blogging when your baby is just learning to sit up? Nothing. That's right...you can type while your baby chews on your toes or plays with a teether or even type one handed while you feed your baby. Do you know what happens with you try to blog with a toddler? Lots of things. Most of them unsafe and involving calling poison control or unclogging whatever has made it's way down the toilet, that does not belong there. Yeah, we have a toddler now. She's two. TWO.
I cry a lot about this. Not because I'm so emotional that she's two (although yes, I have had those moments also) but mostly because she makes me cry - have you heard the phrase terrible twos? Yeah, we are in the throes of them. Last week I had a meltdown and she stopped what she was doing (beating me) and ran into the bathroom, got me tissues and came back and said "Mommy sad? Mommy ok. Mommy cry? Sorry mommy." and wiped my eyes. So she's also amazing. And I may have found the solution to her hitting since time outs and redirection and all the things the experts say to do apparently don't work on my strong willed child. But mommy crying? It works. At least for today. At this hour.
Another reason I cry a lot is because I'm 28 weeks pregnant and basically one big hormone casserole. I'm pretty sure my husband is the smartest man on earth - knocks up his wife and then decides to work 800 miles away for weeks and months at a time. He only has to put up with me in small doses. ;) But I do blow up his phone a lot. He's a lucky man.
We also live in Alaska now. We decided that having a baby and moving cross country, away from my family, all in one year would be a super good idea. We're smart and crazy like that.
Besides all the tears and toilet unclogging and thinking I can reason with a two year old (ha), we are happy and healthy and maybe I will blog more now. It's hard to want to give up her nap time to do something like sit and type at a computer though, I'd rather sit and sleep or sit and eat ice cream or sit and stare at the laundry pile we have. I need some motivation to keep it up because I actually like blogging. I think I'll write about the infamous and perhaps should remain unspoken divide between working moms and stay at home moms. Before you get your panties in a twist I will give you a preview: There shouldn't be a divide. We are all parents. This shit's hard and awesome and fun and not fun. Divides suck. All divides should go away. Except like the Continental Divide. I think that' ones important. Maybe I will also write about moving with a toddler, while pregnant, without my husband. That one will go like this AHHHHHHH CHOCOLATE WHERE IS THE ALCOHOL OH SHIT MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE AHHHH SDFISODUFSDLKFJ. Get excited, people. I'm baaaaacccccckkkk. (As all my facebook friends run and hit "hide posts".)
She spelled it out for you in case I wasn't clear. (Laura Reeve Photography)
I cry a lot about this. Not because I'm so emotional that she's two (although yes, I have had those moments also) but mostly because she makes me cry - have you heard the phrase terrible twos? Yeah, we are in the throes of them. Last week I had a meltdown and she stopped what she was doing (beating me) and ran into the bathroom, got me tissues and came back and said "Mommy sad? Mommy ok. Mommy cry? Sorry mommy." and wiped my eyes. So she's also amazing. And I may have found the solution to her hitting since time outs and redirection and all the things the experts say to do apparently don't work on my strong willed child. But mommy crying? It works. At least for today. At this hour.
Another reason I cry a lot is because I'm 28 weeks pregnant and basically one big hormone casserole. I'm pretty sure my husband is the smartest man on earth - knocks up his wife and then decides to work 800 miles away for weeks and months at a time. He only has to put up with me in small doses. ;) But I do blow up his phone a lot. He's a lucky man.
We also live in Alaska now. We decided that having a baby and moving cross country, away from my family, all in one year would be a super good idea. We're smart and crazy like that.
Besides all the tears and toilet unclogging and thinking I can reason with a two year old (ha), we are happy and healthy and maybe I will blog more now. It's hard to want to give up her nap time to do something like sit and type at a computer though, I'd rather sit and sleep or sit and eat ice cream or sit and stare at the laundry pile we have. I need some motivation to keep it up because I actually like blogging. I think I'll write about the infamous and perhaps should remain unspoken divide between working moms and stay at home moms. Before you get your panties in a twist I will give you a preview: There shouldn't be a divide. We are all parents. This shit's hard and awesome and fun and not fun. Divides suck. All divides should go away. Except like the Continental Divide. I think that' ones important. Maybe I will also write about moving with a toddler, while pregnant, without my husband. That one will go like this AHHHHHHH CHOCOLATE WHERE IS THE ALCOHOL OH SHIT MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE AHHHH SDFISODUFSDLKFJ. Get excited, people. I'm baaaaacccccckkkk. (As all my facebook friends run and hit "hide posts".)

This made me lol (literally), because I can totally relate. My husband isn't working 800 miles away, but he works A LOT (two day jobs & runs his own business on the side), my son just turned 2 in August & we're expecting our second on October 12. We also recently moved (and may be moving across the state again SOON away from all friends & family) so I 100% understand how you are feeling. If you write, I'll definitely read. =)Hang in there, Momma!
ReplyDeleteHa! We have the exact same life! ;) I always tell people it's crazy but its a good kind of crazy!
Delete