A Day in the Life of Mama S'more

Since Clara changes so much so quickly, I have decided to continue to do "A Day in the Life Of..." posts every few months. It's interesting for me to look back and see how much life has changed from even three or four months ago. It's interesting for you to...well, I'm not so sure any of this is interesting to you. It's never stopped me before, though.

A Thursday in February 2013

6:00 a.m. Clara wakes up. Every time she wakes up before 7:30 (which is basically like 95% of our days), I get false hope that maybe she'll fall back asleep if I bring her into my bed. So I pick her up, and bring her in to my bed. She proceeds to semi-cuddle, do gymnastics, head butt me and laugh at her pacifiers for the next hour. But hey, at least I got to lay down that whole time.

7:00 a.m. Breakfast. Clara eats half a banana, applesauce, some cheese (yes, for breakfast - trying to make sure she gets her dairy intake!), milk, and then proceeds to eat half of my breakfast which is frosted shredded wheat. While I'm not sitting down w/ her eating, I load the dishwasher and stare at the dirty crockpot from last night's dinner and decide that 12 hours of soaking in soapy water isn't enough and it just needs to sit a little longer. ;) I also take the dog out and get her breakfast. I can still see Clara while taking the dog out, so stop judging. ;) It normally involves a pretty fierce round of peek-a-boo behind the door.

7:45 -8:15 a.m. Get both of us ready to go grocery shopping. Normally we don't go this early in the day, but we did our big Sam's Club trip on Tuesday and I have been putting off regular grocery shopping since I was worn out from that ;) and I know if I don't go now, I won't go. Getting ready consists of Clara pulling toys and books off her shelves while I throw on the first clean thing I see that fits, put on some deodorant and  brush my teeth. As long as she's not crying at my feet, I'm totally cool....which was been the norm lately, if I am not holding her. Canines are a B, in case anyone was concerned.

8:30-9:15 a.m. We grocery shop. It's a short list since we had our Sam's Club trip already so it doesn't take nearly as long, plus I am shocked at how empty the store is at this time. Clara manages to stay content long enough that I only have to feed her one cheese cracker sandwich thing the entire time - this is a big deal. ;) Also, now with the cheese crackers (and only the cheese) she opens them up and picks the cheese (can you even call that stuff cheese, though?) off to eat it and then hands me the cracker part when she's done. In case anyone needed further proof that she came from my womb.

9:15 a.m. Unloading groceries with a kid is so much fun. ;) It wasn't too bad this time since we didn't have as many bags and Clara is very much into "helping". She likes to hold onto one side of the bag while I carry it in. This is helpful and not-so-helpful at the same time. ;) Clara eats a snack (ok she eats like half of what I just bought at the store) while I put the food away. I transfer the laundry.

9:30-10:15 a.m. I watch some TV from the DVR and half play with Clara while she plays w/ her Little People and baby doll. She is obsessed with feeding her baby doll, trying to get the dolls clothes on, and putting her doll in a box (ummmm?!?!) - so we do that for quite awhile. Then we leave for....

10:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m. Play-date with a friend and her daughter who is five days older than Clara. We heard about a bounce house in the area so we went there. This is where I learned that 1) my kid thinks she wants to climb a ladder until she's halfway up and insists of me carrying her. 2) She looks like Voldemort if she presses her face against mesh and laughs (I love it) 3) I can take down an entire bounce house with just my weight if I tried (or didn't try...) 4) I don't need to pay for a gym membership, just $5 to chase my kid around a bounce house and 5) we are coming here like every day for Clara to burn off her energy.



My beautiful little Voldemort


12:10-1:00 p.m. Lunch. Normally Clara does not each this much or for this long so I am adding this to the list of reasons on why I must make the bounce house a part of our routine. lol. She eats cherries, blueberries, a couple bites of banana, cheese, milk, and a couple raviolis with red sauce. She ate everything except the raviolis while they were cooking and I stood at the oven door salivating. I made five more than I thought we would eat, in order to have leftovers. I ate them all. Then we shared a pudding cup. This type of feast and contentedness in the highchair is not normal and I love it. I also take the dog out, get the laundry out of the dryer, unload the dishwasher and again decide that the crockpot needs to sit for awhile longer. Those things are awesome for no-fuss dinners but cleaning them sucks.

1:00 - 2:30 p.m. - Clara naps while I write the first half of this post, stare at laundry wondering when it's going to fold itself and finally decide to do it myself, catch up on the DVR, prep an appetizer I'm making for MOPS tonight and right when I start to wonder if I should do a zumba DVD, Clara wakes up. Darn, guess I can't exercise today. ;)

2:30-3:00 p.m. - She's very cuddly after her naps and I'm lucky in that most days I can sit with her and cuddle for awhile. :)

3:00-4:00 p.m. - We go to a local consignment shop. I'm hoping to find a nice n' cheap Easter dress for her, but they still have Christmas dresses out. I buy her two jumpers for $5 each instead! ;)

4:00-5:00 p.m. - Alternate between playing with babies, watching Ellen, playing with Little People, saying hi to Daddy as he comes in, and miscellaneous. I stick a frozen pizza in the oven for Ian and Clara, since I am eating at MOPS tonight, I'm not cooking. ;)

5:15 p.m. - Ian's done in the shower, checking email, etc. so I take a quick shower myself. In order to get upstairs w/o Clara losing her mind we play a game of chase the toddler to distract her. Success. The hot water runs out long before I'm ready. Gah.

5:30-6 p.m. - Ian and Clara eat pizza and veggies (ok, Clara does...Ian...not so keen on the veggies) while I sit with them and we catch up and dream about vacations we won't be able to take in this lifetime. ;)

6-6:45 p.m.  - We all hang out and play in the kitchen while I get the rest of my appetizer ready and what not.

6:45 p.m. - So she doesn't lose her mind as I leave, I ask Clara if she wants to sit on her Elmo potty and she replies "ELLLLLOOO!!" (obsessed) and goes upstairs with daddy to do so after a couple kisses from me. Normally he does bath/pajamas and then I come in and do books, brushing teeth, saying prayers, rocking/singing and then putting her down. She loves listening to me sing. Heck yes, I'm taking advantage of that while I can and belting out Disney and Whitney and Mariah songs with a little "Jesus Loves Me" and "Awesome God" sprinkled in. But since tonight I have MOPS I leave and Daddy does all that, minus the Whitney. Unless he is keeping a secret from me and actually loves "I wanna dance with somebody" - it would only make me love you more, honey! ;) Clara is asleep by 7:30 most nights.

7-9 p.m. - I ATE LIKE A QUEEN AT MOPS TONIGHT. We had a "Taste of MOPS" event and I tasted. Believe me, I tasted. ;) There was quite a bit of cheese there. I was proud. We also talked about God and parenting and didn't complain about anyone at all. ;) Two of those things are 100% true.

9:15-11 p.m. - I read and played on FB because I wanted some down time before I went to bed. I thought about eating more brie. I decided I was too lazy to go downstairs.



That's our day!! Of course there were a lot of diaper changes also mixed in, but I figured you guys didn't want to know about all that - when you obviously want to know every other mundane detail of my life. ;) (CLEARLY!!!) We don't normally/always have three outings in one day, but I like it when we do because it makes the day go fast. Tomorrow on our agenda is visiting my aunt (who used to watch Clara two days a week when I worked) and maybe stopping at open gym at Gymboree on the way home! I'll also probably continue to stare at that dang crockpot.





Comments

  1. Yikes! Your day seems so full and active - love how your detailed it all :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What a non-running wogger thinks when they attempt to run

What happened?

Is there life outside of old nursing bras?