Random Thoughts and Vents and Confessions
- I have been listening to Christmas music for two weeks. It feels really weird to be listening to Christmas music while surrounded by pumpkins, but instead of this making me think I could possibly be listening to "Breath of Heaven" a bit too early...I am considering taking down the pumpkins and putting up the Christmas Tree a bit earlier. ;)
- I know people are just trying to make conversation, but it really pisses me off when random strangers give me advice or make negative comments about my parenting/my kid. I know, welcome to the rest of my life. But seriously...no, she does not need her ears pierced just so you can tell she's a girl. No, she does not need sunscreen during Hurricane Sandy. Yesterday in the Safeway parking lot, it was 60 degrees with a slight breeze. I'm trying to force winter so I was wearing a fleece and sweating to death. Clara and I were walking from the store to our car, so about 30 feet, and her hood wasn't on. She had on a warm outfit and a warm coat, and was likely about to start sweating and stripping herself (she's my daughter, after all) and some guy yells out "Put a hat on that baby!" Seriously? Do people think I actually don't think about these things? That I get her outside in just a diaper, that may or may not have been changed recently and think "Oh shit, it's 15 degrees, oh well, she will be fine." So I yelled back. "We're from Alaska. This is nothing." He stopped in his tracks and almost got run over. Oops?
- My confession is that I don't think that feeding your kid lunchables on a regular basis is a legitimate confession. I have friends on my mom board who "confess" - Charlie or Susie had a lunchable for lunch three times this week! Apparently I'm enforcing bad eating habits ;) but I do not see how this is bad...Crackers? Check. Cheese? Check. Lunch meat? Check. I add a side of fruit and some water and consider this a well rounded meal.
- We took Clara trick or treating last night, to about 8 homes. She hasn't had a single piece of candy and likely won't, she has no idea what we were doing last night but enjoyed putting on fun clothes and signing "thank you" to perfect strangers. About half of her bag is gone already. The only reason the other half is still there is because it's full of crappy candy.
- Sometimes I wish I was pregnant just so I have an excuse for all of my elastic waist pants.
- Clara slept until 8:40 a.m this morning and so did I. And I'm still tired. WTF? Is being perpetually tired a parenting symptom, even if you get 9.5 hours of sleep?!
To the lunchable comment..? Totally agreed! lol Also, to the last..Yes, yes & Yes! Being perpetually tired MUST be a parenting symptom. I constantly ask myself this question. I get 8-9 hours of sleep nightly on the regular & would still love to crawl back into bed most mornings. You are not alone. =)
ReplyDelete